Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Random Can Be Good

So I discovered this random title selector that was suggested by another photographer who also has problems 'naming' his photos. And these are the photos and their titles that are now designated to these particular (bad) shots because I only wanted to name these bad ones...

The titles you see in black were written after the photos were placed. The gray lettering is actually on the photo itself and is my signature plate

FORGOTTEN SERVANT









GUARDIAN IN THE PAST







THE HEART OF ILLUSION





THE BOYFRIEND'S LEGACY






THE FAIRY'S TEACHER




 LIGHT'S LEGEND





 RAGGED ACADEMY







 SILKEN DESTINY





THE WHISPERING WORDS







Somehow, the words and the photos together evoke a whole different concept than what I had originally seen or planned. It's artistic license for sure, but just seeing the concept of the photo change with a title is interesting.

 I like the idea of doing that, but I am  not sure if I like the idea that the photo does not stand alone,  meaning it has to have words to go with it?  I did say these were bad photos...the titles gave them a little different slant, no?

So what do you think? Do the words do the photo justice or would it be better to just have the photo?? Do you get a different story with the title? Does it change your path of thinking? Instead of seeing just a photo, do you see a story? 

Send comments here if you like...I am really interested in what my viewers are seeing in this little experiment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment