Friday, October 7, 2011

This way, that way...

So do I look like I have a face that can give directions in ANY language? I am flattered actually, but today marks the 6th time  that someone has asked me directions since I have been here. In French. And did I understand?

Uh, no, except for this afternoon when I could actually respond and tell the kind lady where the street was. It happens to be the street I am currently residing on - Rue de Lausanne. And it's about 500 ft. long and it was right in front of me so all I had to do was point. And say C'est la, Madame.

Then she had to go and ask me where the hair salon was - she said it was at numero trois. So I directed her that way. How can I miss.

So proud of myself. Of course who knows if the lady found her way...She is probably on the train into Lausanne right now as far as I know. The station is in the same direction....

(Does my face say - Hey, ask ME directions person-who-is-lost? Christopher says it's because I have the demeanor of looking like I know where I am going and I walk with a mission. It's my NYC look, refined as a child living in the big apple)

Photos for today...

Actutally have a photo of the street - you go straight towards the chairs and take a right...

No comments:

Post a Comment