Monday, July 27, 2009

La Tour Eiffel, Paris, France March 2009

A trip to Paris is not complete unless you have gone to the Eiffel Tower and at least photographed it. I hate being a tourist...but I "touristed" and took the requisite photo...

Not my finest photo...but here is La Tour Eiffel at night, taken after the bike ride through Paris! Ask me about it...


I do  like these photos of the Eiffel Tower - very abstract and great contrast. I felt like the photographer, Henri Cartier-Bresson, who photographed to "capture the moment."



I have been to La Premiere Etage...the first level of the Eiffel Tower. Real brave people go to the very top where there is a radio station. It isn't the height that gets you. It's the attached cable car that goes up the inside of the tower and you watch the gears and cables through the windows of the car as it eeks its way up. Not my cuppa tea if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment